- 14 April 2003 Peeter Laud from University of Tartu and Cybernetica won the EAPLS best paper award for papers presented at ETAPS 2003 with his ESOP paper on programming language security.
- 4 April 2003 At the 1st Annual Workshop of the FP5 IST thematic network APPSEM II, IoC was invited to become a member site of the project.
- 18 March 2003 On 16 March, an eVikings II meeting on technology foresight took place at IoC in Tallinn.
- 10 March 2003 The 8th Estonian Winter School in Computer Science, EWSCS'03, held at Palmse, 2-7 March, was a major success. The school, featuring five theory courses by very prominent international lecturers, was attended by a record number of 54 participants from 12 countries (5 lecturers, 42 students, 7 local organizers).
- 16 Feb. 2003 eVikings II is now under the supervision of a new EU Project Officer, Mr. Vlassios Venner.
- 16 Dec. 2002 The project kickoff meeting, held at Cybernetica in Tallinn on 16 Dec. 2002, was attended by representatives of all contracting partners and all workpackages. Following the presentations of the project and workpackage managers of their plans and expectations, there was a discussion of various practical issues. It was decided that a consortium agreement will have to be concluded, since this is a deliverable of the project. But the text will be kept as short and simple as possible. The steering committee will consist of representatives of contracting partners. Representatives of subcontractors are invited to participate as observers. Representatives to the steering committee will be nominated by the partner ogranizations.
- 25 Nov. 2002 The 14th Nordic Workshop on Programming Theory, held in Tallinn in the building of the Estonian Academy of Sciences, 20-22 Nov, was attended by 52 researchers from the Nordic countries, Europe, and USA. Invited talks were given by Yuri Gurevich (MS Research), Roland Backhouse (Nottingham) and Bengt Jonsson (Uppsala).
Last update 20 October 2003